Oh my gosh y’all these maple pecan bars are what Fall tastes like. Best part is they are gluten-free!
Is it healthy? Nope, but an excellent sweet treat that’ll make your house smell AMAZEBALLS!
Maple Pecan Blondie
What you need:
• 2 cups gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour (or any flour)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2/3 cup unsalted butter
• 2 cups packed light brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup ground pecans
• 1 ½ - 2 cups pecan halve
• 2 TBS maple syrup
• 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
What you gonna do:
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease 9x13-inch baking pan, line bottom and sides of pan with parchment paper.
2. Make the pecan blondies: in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Remove from heat, let cool for 10 min’s at room temperature.
4. Whisk the eggs and vanilla into the butter mixture.
5. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the butter mixture. Stir just until no dry streaks of flour remain (do not overmix).
6. Fold in the ground pecans.
7. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Cover the top with the pecans.
8. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20-22 min’s.
9. Let cool in the pan until it reaches room temperature.
10. Make the maple glaze: in a bowl, whisk together maple syrup and powdered sugar until smooth.
11. Cut blondies into 36 squares, drizzle with glaze.